Cargo insurance is a type of insurance that protects a buyer or seller of goods against damages or loss of cargo..
Despite insurance having been around for centuries, there is still a feeling that any form of insurance is a “grudge purchase” and in the case of cargo shipments, many people ask the question “Do I need cargo insurance for my shipment“..??
By its nature, insurance is an intangible benefit, one that can only be tested under adverse circumstances and there is nothing more adverse than cargo damage..
• Local (Street to Street, City to City, Town to Town etc)
• Provincial (Within the same province or state etc)
• National (Province to Province, State to State etc)
• Global (International trade between countries)
• Regional (Within regional trade blocs like EU, BRICS etc)
there are several modes and types of trade/shipments around the world..
Where there is a shipment, there is a possibility of cargo damage and where there is the possibility of cargo damage………………….