A few years ago, a seed started germinating in my head..
A thought brought on by the realisation that there was a huge knowledge and skills gap in the understanding of the processes and procedures involved in the shipping and freight industry and the lack of resources available online for these gaps to be addressed..
So I asked myself how I could
- assist in addressing this gap ;
- help people in the shipping industry (new and old) learn and understand the processes and procedures in the industry ;
- do something that would fuel my passion for educating and training ;
- share my experiences and knowledge in the industry ;
- engage with other like-minded people in the industry in creating active and useful discussions that will eventually help everyone…………………
That thought progressed into action and ultimately evolved into Shipping and Freight Resource..
Through this resource, I spread awareness of what really goes into moving 90% of the world’s trade by sea around the world, the various processes, documentation, and procedures involved therein..
This year, Shipping and Freight Resource celebrates a decennary, a decennium, a decade or in simple English, 10 years of helping people to Seek » Learn » Know » Grow in the shipping and freight industry..
It has been a pleasurable, worthy and fulfilling 10 years of sharing my experience and knowledge and to be quite honest, I look forward to more discussions and interactions going forward..
In the last 10 years, this resource has :
- helped more than 4.6 million visitors from all over the world to learn and understand the basics to advanced concepts of the industry ;
- published 571 articles of interest relating to the shipping and freight industry ;
- been included as an Educational Material in the International Maritime Organisation’s Directory of Maritime Links ;
- assisted in providing solutions to several problems raised by the readers from around the world via comments on the articles (some of them with the help of industry experts) ;
- shared pertinent and selected news items ;
- created some free guides relating to Importing and Cargo Damage ;
- shared Executive Insights from some of the movers and shakers in the industry ;
- won a few awards ;
- initiated several thought provoking discussions regarding various legal and practical issues surrounding the industry and its processes
All this wouldn’t have been possible without YOU, my dedicated and loyal readers..
For this opportunity and the experience thus far, I THANK YOU..
Here are some Top 10s of this resource
Top 10 Articles
- Difference between Demurrage and Detention
- Difference between House bill of lading and Master bill of lading
- How to calculate CBM and Freight Ton
- What is a telex release..??
- What is a HS Code..??
- What is a Switch Bill of Lading and when and why is it used..??
- Difference between a freight forwarder and NVOCC
- What is a Bill of Lading..??
- What is CY-CY Term in Container Shipping..??
- Difference between a Liner and Tramp service
You can view the full list of articles here..
Top 10 Countries
While it is an honor that some of the main maritime centers of the world such as Singapore, UK, India and UAE form part of the Top 10, I am equally honored to receive visitors from some of the remote countries like Guernsey, Åland Islands, Wallis & Futuna, St.Pierre & Miquelon and many more..
This proves the importance of our industry and its reach far and wide..
Top 10 Categories
- Shipping Knowledge
- Bill of Lading
- Questions and Answers
- Freight Container
- Case Studies
- Guest Article
- Difference between
You can view the full list of categories here..
I also invite like-minded people from the industry to contribute guest articles, join the discussions, share knowledge and experiences and join me in raising awareness about our wonderful industry and the hugely important role that we play in the global arena..
Please use the hashtags #shippingandfreight and #shippingeducation if you are tweeting about this site or you are re-tweeting any of the articles..
It would be great to hear how Shipping and Freight Resource has helped you..
*** End of Article ***