Container Turn Around Charges

Home Forums Shipping and Freight Questions and Answers Container Turn Around Charges

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Hariesh Manaadiar 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

abhishek09anand
    Participant

Sir, I wanted to know about a Topic called ‘Container Turn Around Charges’

What is Container Turn around Charges. Why to turn around the Container in port yard for 2×20′ Container in one 40′ Vehicle, What is the purpose it full fills.

Is Container turnaround has to do any thing with the placement (Loading) of Container on to the vessel in the Same direction (i.e.Seal facing outwards).? or is there any other reason for turn around a container in port yard.

Hi Abhishek, I presume this is a charge in India..?? Have they mentioned that this charge is specifically to turn around a container..?? Because I have not heard about this specific charge so far..

There is a “Container Turn In Charge” which is when an empty container (after unpacking import cargo) is turned in to an inland depot wherein usually if there is no export cargo then this turn in covers the line’s cost for empty repositioning of the container..

Anyone else have any idea about this charge..??

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.