Charges Levied by Indian Agent on the C.I.F. Shipment

Home Forums Shipping and Freight Questions and Answers Charges Levied by Indian Agent on the C.I.F. Shipment

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  chempure1965 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

chempure1965
    Participant

Dear Sir,

Your emails are very much informative and very useful too. Thank you very much. I request your advice regarding the following two queries,

INSPECTION CERTIFICATE – FEES

I get a FOB offer from a Chinese supplier for two DGR chemicals (Total weight 250kg) which are prohibited by air. We have a freight agent in India who will sea freight it to us through his Chinese counterpart. Now for these two products “Inspection Certificates” are required.
    Now my question is though this on FOB terms, who bears the fees for the “Inspection Certificates”? My supplier of the Chinese freight Agent?

SEA FREIGHT CHARGES LEVIED BY INDIAN AGENTS

We got a couple of sea shipment on CIF Nhava Sheva Port. However, the agents in India charges us heavy under different expense heads which are confusing and seem to be duplicated e.g.,

CAF – Currency Adjustment Factor, which is levied to safeguard the agent against currency fluctuations. In the same Invoice, they also charged Rupee Depreciation Fees. Are these not the same? Moreover, there are so many other expense heads which need specific knowledge about sea freight terminology. Your guidance in this regard will be very helpful.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.