Certificate of Origin – why are they tied up with Chambers?

Home Forums Shipping and Freight Questions and Answers Certificate of Origin – why are they tied up with Chambers?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Hariesh Manaadiar 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

benthompson
    Participant

Hi there,

I’ve often wondered why the Chambers of Commerce are involved in Certifying Certificate of Origins?

Where and when did this arrangement originally start?
    Why is it only the Chambers of Commerce that can certify these? I know they charge fees a small amount of work and they are a good money maker for the Chambers. Why can’t other entities certify this document? It’s only a declaration from the shipper that gets certified by someone at a Chamber, some people may not even look into the finer details.

Surely there’s a better way moving forward, especially with blockchain technology that will 100% verify the information and the source.

Thanks,
    Ben

Hello Ben, coincidentally, this is the topic of my next article on this blog.. If you are subscribed to the blog (https://shippingandfreightresource.com/) you will be able to receive the update once published..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.