Education is an important requirement in any field in order for anyone to learn about that field and put that learning to work..
Such education and learning may or may not be formal depending on various circumstances..
Education and learning in Shipping, Freight and Logistics industry is no different to any other industry, but in my opinion there are not much options for formal education in our industry compared to other industries..
So this week, instead of an article, I thought I would run a short poll as part of a general analysis I am doing in terms of shipping and freight education..
Do you have a formal educational qualification like a degree, diploma or other formal qualifications relating to Shipping, Freight and Logistics ??
If you have any of the above then vote YES, otherwise vote NO..
Voted..?? Thank you.. Now,
If you voted YES, please post a short comment on
- what kind of formal education in shipping and freight you have
- how much did that formal educational qualification actually help you or is helping you in your day to day shipping, freight and logistics work..
If you voted NO, please post a short comment on
- why don’t you have a formal education in shipping and freight.. Is it because of
- lack of options in the industry
- other reasons
- how did you manage to get where you are without a formal education
Really appreciate your inputs..
I firmly believe that securing a degree, diploma or other educational qualifications alone doesn’t make one an expert in a field..
There are many successful people in all industries all over the world who don’t have that “paper” that says they are qualified.. There are also many people who are highly qualified on “paper” but can’t hold a candle to the real pioneers and experts in the industry and in a lot of cases are dependent on those without that “paper”..