As you might be aware, this site is what is called a BLOG – which incidentally is a short-form for weB LOG.. A blog is basically a log book of what happens on a website.. A blog is dynamic and interactive whereas generally a website is not..
There are certain terminologies that are used in this blog which i would like to clarify for the technologically challenged..
- Post= Any new article that is written or “post”ed on a blog is termed as a Post.. You can post any number of posts on a blog.. To simplify it,i have called it an “article” almost everywhere, but ifi have missed this out anywhere and have made reference to a Post, you know what it means now.. Examples of post in my blog are as below :
- Page= A page is a static article which is not changed quite often and is used to describe stuff about the blog.. It is usually displayed as a menu depending on the style of the site.. Examples of Pages in my blog are as below :
- Comment= is something that you write about a Post or Page thati have written about.. This is where you can gain many valuable inputs when many people comment on a topic and it becomes a useful discussion.. Examples of Comments in my blog are as below :
- Post = http://shippingandfreightresource.com/2012/02/08/are-telex-release-and-express-release-the-same/
- Comment = Jackie – As far as I know, a Bill of Lading consigned ” To Order” can be surrendered at POL for telex/e-mail release, provided the Shipper has endorsed the original sets.
Subscribe = if you input your email id in the subscription field and click the Submit (generally) button (which in my site is the Yebo, Sign me up button), you will be able to follow the blog and receive all new posts by email..